Innovative Learning Technologies (ILT)
The University of Rhode Island ITS Innovative Learning Technologies (ILT) is seeking
candidates who are interested in designing and developing cutting-edge instructional materials. This application is for the Fall 2023 hiring period. As an Innovative Learning Technologies Student employee, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working independently and as a member of a design and development team.
- Participate in creating innovative teaching/training materials for a wide variety of
- Work with innovative technologies such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, first-person 3D gaming, 3D modeling/animation, videos, and more.
A successful candidate should show a willingness to ask questions and learn about technology.
They should also have the patience and communication skills to work successfully in groups and
be able to independently investigate and discover solutions when troubleshooting problems that
may arise when learning new technologies.
For this application, we ask you to attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please
describe your academic major, prior work experience, and any computer programming
experience (i.e. Java, HTML, Python, C, C++, C#), 3D modeling/animation or CAD programs,
web design, and film production. Also, include any experience you may have with the following:
- Windows OS
- Mac OS
- Git or GitHub
- Game development applications (Unity, Unreal Engine, etc.)
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android)
- Customer Services
Once we have received your application, we will contact you during the next hiring period. Our
hiring periods may occur throughout the year depending on our current staffing.